Les rêveurs du soir Index du Forum
Les rêveurs du soir
Djaul

Les rêveurs du soir Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: A Sailor Of King George THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Les rêveurs du soir Index du Forum -> Place Public -> Les Artisans
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bertadli

Niveau: 0

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 23:18 (2017)    Sujet du message: A Sailor Of King George THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK Répondre en citant

A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814
by Captain Frederick Hoffman .
rating: ( reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814
READ BOOK A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814

One morning sitting with my mother in the drawing room and entreating her to comply with my wish to enter the Navy, she was so intent on listening to my importunities and her patchwork that she did not observe that the cat was running away with her favourite goldfinch; the cat, with the poor bird in its mouth, was near the door, waiting to escape. Seeing what had happened, I immediately ran to the poor little bird’s assistance, but, alas! too late, as the cruel animal had torn off one of its wings.

Whilst my mother was feelingly lamenting her favourite’s untimely death, and deliberating whether the cat should be given away, the door opened, [pg 2]the culprit escaped, and Captain Elphinstone entered. On his observing my mother’s paleness, he requested to know if anything of a serious nature had occurred in the family. “No,” replied she, “except the loss of a favourite bird, which I certainly regret, as it was killed by the cat in a most distressing manner, and,” added she, “my spirits are not at this moment very good in consequence of my son’s wishing to enter the Navy.” “The first,” said he, “I lament, as it has deprived you of a pet; the latter may in the end be a matter of rejoicing. Who knows but that your son, if he enters that noble service, may turn out a second Hawke.” My ears thrilled at his remark.

“Do you really think, Captain Elphinstone,” said my mother, with a half-sorrowful countenance, “that it would be to his advantage?” “Most assuredly,” replied he, “as I think it very likely war will shortly be declared against that unhappy and distracted France, and he will have a very fair chance of making prize money, and in time will gain his promotion.”

“Quit the room a short time, my love,” said my mother to me. In about a quarter of an hour, which I thought an hour, I was sent for. Captain Elphinstone had taken his leave. I found my mother still very pale. “I am afraid, dear boy,” she began, “that Captain Elphinstone has almost persuaded me against my will. He has spoken of the prospects of the Naval Service in so favourable a manner that I am nearly tempted to let you [pg 3]enter it, and should war unhappily be declared against our unfortunate neighbours, the French, and my friend Captain Markham be appointed to a ship, I believe I must make up my mind to be quite persuaded and let you have your wish.” “Thank you, my dear mother,” replied I, overjoyed at what I knew nothing about. A short time after this conversation, war was declared against France, or rather France provoked it, and Captain Markham was appointed to the Blonde frigate. My mother instantly wrote to him; his answer was favourable, and he requested her to let me join him as soon as possible. All now was bustle and preparation. My brothers were sent for home, and begged to be allowed to go with me. Poor fellows! they little knew what they asked. In a few days I was fully equipped. I mounted my uniform, and I thought my brothers and the young friends who came to take leave of me appeared to envy me my finery, particularly my dirk, which they examined so often that I began to think they would wear it out. At length the evening arrived for me to quit my dear, happy home. My mother was sensibly affected, my sister looked serious, but my brothers, who were younger than myself—little rogues!—only looked disappointed that they could not go with me. I am sorry to say that my spirits were so buoyant that sorrow did not enter my head.

Details:
price: $2.99
bound: 380 pages
publisher:
lang: English
asin: B07148VCCX
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 482 KB

A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814 Captain Frederick Hoffman .

.Wyville (Charles Wyville), Sir, 1830-1882; Nares, George S! Javascript is not enabled in your browserTHE AVELING BARFORD STORYS“No,” replied she, “except the loss of a favourite bird, which I certainly regret, as it was killed by the cat in a most distressing manner, and,” added she, “my spirits are not at this moment very good in consequence of my son’s wishing to enter the Navy.” “The first,” said he, “I lament, as it has deprived you of a pet; the latter may in the end be a matter of rejoicing(George Strong), 1831-1915 texts eye 2,296 favorite 0 comment 0 California Digital Library 235 235 Captain Amyas, being the career of D'Arcy Amyas, RChallenger during the years 1873-76 under the command of Captain George SSeeing what had happened, I immediately ran to the poor little bird’s assistance, but, alas! too late, as the cruel animal had torn off one of its wings.Whilst my mother was feelingly lamenting her favourite’s untimely death, and deliberating whether the cat should be given away, the door opened, [pg 2]the culprit escaped, and Captain Elphinstone enteredOsbon Nov 2, 2009 11/09 by Osbon, Bradley Sillick, 1827-1912; Paine, Albert Bigelow, 1861-1937 texts eye 201 favorite 0 comment 0 Cornell University Library 319 319 British statemen of the great war, 1793-1814; the Ford lectures for 1911 Oct 20, 2009 10/09 by Fortescue, JPlease enter the subject1793-1814./Frederick W Hoffman; A Beckford Bevan; London, Jsearch Search the Wayback Machine Featured texts All Texts latest This Just In Smithsonian Libraries FEDLINK (US) Genealogy Lincoln Collection Additional Collections eBooks & Texts Top American Libraries Canadian Libraries Universal Library Community Texts Project Gutenberg Biodiversity Heritage Library Children's Library Open Library Featured movies All Video latest This Just In Prelinger Archives Democracy Now! Occupy Wall Street TV NSA Clip Library TV News Top Animation & Cartoons Arts & Music Community Video Computers & Technology Cultural & Academic Films Ephemeral Films Movies Understanding 9/11 News & Public Affairs Spirituality & Religion Sports Videos Television Videogame Videos Vlogs Youth Media Featured audio All Audio latest This Just In Grateful Dead Netlabels Old Time Radio 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings Live Music Archive Top Audio Books & Poetry Community Audio Computers & Technology Music, Arts & Culture News & Public Affairs Non-English Audio Podcasts Librivox Free Audiobook Radio Programs Spirituality & Religion Featured software All Software latest This Just In Old School Emulation MS-DOS Games Historical Software Classic PC Games Software Library Internet Arcade Top Community Software MS-DOS CD-ROM Software Software Sites Tucows Software Library APK Shareware CD-ROMs Console Living Room Vintage Software ZX Spectrum Vectrex ZX Spectrum Library: Games Atari 2600 Magnavox Odyssey 2 Bally Astrocade Featured image All Image latest This Just In Flickr Commons Occupy Wall Street Flickr Cover Art USGS Maps Metropolitan Museum Top NASA Images Solar System Collection Ames Research Center Brooklyn Museum web texts movies audio software image logo Toggle navigation ABOUT CONTACT BLOG PROJECTS HELP DONATE TERMS JOBS VOLUNTEER PEOPLE search Search the Archive upload personSIGN IN Within the United States, you may freely copy and distribute this work, as no entity (individual or corporate) has a copyright on the body of the work.As a reproduction of a historical artifact, this work may contain missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etcO

My mother instantly wrote to him; his answer was favourable, and he requested her to let me join him as soon as possibleFNBlondeLearn more :: Follow WorldCat: Please sign in to WorldCatDon't have an account? You can easilycreate a free account.Beckford, Wolryche-Whitmore, H1793-1814.schema:dateModified "2017-03-31" ;void:inDataset > ;1793-1814 by Capt Frederick Hoffman R.N., Beckford Bevan (Editor), H B Wolryche-Whitmore (Editor)Capt Frederick Hoffman R.NEdition/Format: Print book : EnglishView all editions and formats Database:WorldCat Rating: (not yet rated) 0 with reviews - Be the firstLinked Data More info about Linked Data Primary Entity > # A sailor of King George; the journals of Captain Frederick Hoffman, R.Nand the late Captain Frank Tourle Thomson, R> Check In-Store Availability In-Store pricing may vary New & Used Marketplace 1 copy from $51.32 [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceA Sailor of King George (Hardcover)Published:2016-05-01Publisher:Palala Press$27.95 1 copy from $51.32 More About A Sailor of King George by Frederick WMurraywdrs:describedby > ;.Related Entities > # Londona schema:Place ;schema:name "London" ;By continuing to use the site, you are agreeing to OCLCs placement of cookies on your device 48a4f088c3

BRAD, A Memoir: This Side of NowhereBuy a Colt and Learn to Shoot: Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co., Hartford CT, 1914Subject of WitchcraftJames Calvert Or, From dark to dawn in Fiji R. VernonRoman Life in the Days of Cicero: Sketches Drawn From His Letters and Speeches (Classic Reprint)Wonder Woman Vol. 2: Year One (Rebirth)Kitchen Sink Drama: A PlayDevil Horned Hat Crochet PatternThe Messenger of Song: Contains a Graded Course for Singing Classes and Day Schools; Also Solos, Duetts, Quartetts, Glees and Choruses for Musical ... Institutes, Etc., Etc (Classic Reprint)La femme en blanc (French Edition)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 23:18 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Les rêveurs du soir Index du Forum -> Place Public -> Les Artisans Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Texno x0.3 © theme by Larme D'Ange 2006